The Internet is virtual Vegas – but like the Neon City, that means it's full of the very good, the bad and the downright ugly! When I first hit the world of online casinos – I was clueless and
tried over 20 casinos in the space of a few weeks – attracted by wild claims of free gambling dollars, 99% payouts and flashy graphics.
However, I'm embarrassed to admit that I wasted hundreds - and was all set to give up. Some of my experiences include...
- e-mail address passed on to spammers
- Problems withdrawing winnings
- Games that seemed to payout virtually ZERO!
- Software crashes & slow game-play
- Terrible customer support
However, through trial and error – I eventually learnt a lesson that every online casino player must always bear in mind.Tip number one tip for new online gamers – ALWAYS select a “Reputable, Licensed and Fully Regulated” online casino.....Why? The payouts are verified to be 100% fair and real!
- Your casino deposits and withdrawals are guaranteed!
- The casinos are backed by real companies – with 24/7 customer support
- Zero risk of personal data being stolen/passed to third parties
- External gaming regulations ensure 100% fair casino gaming
Highly recommended 100% Regulated Casinos:
- Externally Verified jackpots and payouts - Yes
- Physical address - Yes
- Regulated by gambling organisation - Yes
- Fast customer support via email, free phone, live chat - Yes
Whether you select one of my personal online casino recommendations, or another reputable website – always run every casino through the 'check list' to verify their quality...
Scroll down the page to learn how to quickly verify online casinos for licensing, regulation, payouts, customer service and company credentials...
Casino licensing & regulation
Due to legal issues, most online casinos host their servers remotely in 'offshore locations', ranging from Bermuda to places like the Philippines. Most casino gamers are just interested in the games, and never think to check on the casinos licensing and location – big mistake! After researching hundreds of online gambling and casino websites, it's clear that Malta and Gibraltar are used by some of the world's most reputable companies to host and regulate UK based gambling websites – including the world's biggest betting exchange, Betfair Ltd.
Follow the steps below to check whether a casino is licensed and registered in Malta:
Navigate the 'About us' button on the casino site:
- Look for registration with the Lotteries and Gaming Authority of Malta, to offer 'remote gaming'
- If you want to check that a casino website is registered, visit www.lga.org.mt and contact the organisation for verification
'Independently Audited' Casino Payouts
Did you know that some online casinos make payout claims without getting their bank accounts audited? I trusted online casinos when I was a new gamer – but I wish I'd been much more cynical. I ended up playing games that simply never seemed to payout – don't make the same mistake...
- Does the casino offer payouts that are 100% verified by an independent company?
- Is the auditing firm a world class accounting company (for example, Spin Palace, Mummy's Gold and Ruby Fortune Casino all use the famous Pricewaterhouse Coopers)?
- Check the recent winners page for proof of recent big winners (if the casino is fully-regulated, then they are genuine wins!).
Casino Payout Alert!
Casino payouts are a 'Red Alert' for gamers of all levels – but it's essential for new gamers to make sure they play online casinos that offer a fair playing environment. When I was a casino newbie, payout ratios were the last thing on my mind; I just cared about how cool the games looked and kept my fingers crossed for getting lucky! However, payouts can make a big difference to your bottom line! For every 1% the casino gains over you – it makes it harder and harder to win! In fact, professional casino players make a fortune by getting an advantage of just 0.5-1% over the casino. Make sure you select casino that offers verified payouts in excess of 95% across all games.
Phone & email support
High-end online casino will always offer Free Phone support, email contact and preferably live chat options. To my cost, I started out by playing countless casinos – without testing their customer service quality! I highly recommend, you either choose one of my 'tested' casino websites, or test-run the response of your casino's customer service speed and general friendliness and helpfulness – before you deposit any of your own cash!
While cyber casino flash up before your eyes in seconds – where are they really located? Any reputable casino will have a registered physical address. If you're unsure your casino has a recognised physical location – then contact them for confirmation!It takes about 5 minutes to check out the credentials of a new online casino's credentials – so always take the time to give it the once over.
Click here to read more about how to identify a safe and secure casino.
|£ 50 bonus on first deposit.|
New customers only. Min. £10 deposit. 40x wagering on bonus amounts. Bonus Spins only available with a min. first deposit of £25. Bonus Spins are available on Coins of Egypt only. Offer expires 30 days from registration.
|110 no wagering free spins on first deposit.|
New UK customers only. 10 free spins on registration and mobile phone verification. Min. £10 + 2.5% fee (min 50p) to get 100 Free Spins on first deposit. Free Spins have 3-day expiry and are available on Starburst, Aloha Cluster Pays, Finn and the Swirly Spin and The Legend of Shangri-La Cluster Pays games only. Cash balance withdrawable anytime + £2.50 fee
|£ 25 bonus on first deposit and 20 no deposit free spins.|
New customers only. Min £10 deposit. 35x wagering requirement on bonus + deposit amount within 30 days.
See more casinos