While you can play at specialist online casino websites (such as dedicated poker sites) or opt for a small web casino I personally favour sites like Spin Palace, Ruby Fortune or Mummys Gold. Big, brand name 'super casinos', which offer over 120 slot machines, table games, parlour fun and huge million dollar progressive jackpot machines.
These sites offer a very high gaming quality and options for gamers with a budget of 10.00 per month to hardcore professionals with a bank roll worth thousands.
Over the past 12 months, I've literally gone from total novice to what I would term a 'serious recreational gamer', or 'intermediate level' (in other words, I win more frequently than most casual players and make some profit from casino skill-play and systems). Scroll down this page for my guide to the best games; how to play them and how to use simple strategies and systems for more fun and potential rewards from your casino gaming.
Every gamer loves freebies and in the casino world, Free Spin gaming sessions are as good as it gets. Most online casinos offer sign-up bonuses entailing Free Spins, particularly most market-leading Microgaming venues.
Free Spins are available in mini-bonus casinos, with a selection of real games to choose from including slots, video slots and all the classic Vegas table games. Typically, gamers can claim between 500 and 750 in Free Spins (note: free spins really just refer to 'free credits', because the 'spins' can be used to play all genres of casino games.
Video Poker is the ultimate real-feel Las Vegas game and I love it for multiple reasons! Fundamentally, although video poker can be played with professional level strategies, and is truly 'winnable' for those skilled enough it's seriously easy to play for recreational gamers.
In fact video poker was the first game I ever played in an online casino (yes before slot machines!).
- Video poker is a brash blend of draw poker, with slot-like speed and style (the cards essentially replace the reels).
- Video poker games start each round with a 5 card deal per hand
- The gamer must click 'hold' or 'discard' after analysing the hand
- The machine replaces the discarded card with fresh draws
- If you manage to form a winning combo, you get paid out accordingly
- Winning combos comprise of all the classic poker hands (such as Jacks or Better and Royal Flush)
Playing the game is very easy and with auto-strategy options available at high-end casinos, you can instantly play with a degree of skill. Simply click to select a wager level, click to draw and click again to hold/discard.
Video poker is available in a range of styles including basic Jacks or better (ideal for beginners), Deuces Wild, Aces Faces and cool bonus games such as Multi-level progressive win video poker.
When it comes to the allure of the real Las Vegas, blackjack gets my vote as the top game featuring ultra-realistic gaming environments, skill responsiveness and casual and hardcore staking options. If you're a blackjack newbie here's the quick guide to getting started.
- Blackjack is focussed on the number 21; your aim is to build a hand value as close to 21 as possible, without going bust. Blackjack is essentially a dealer versus player scenario with each round starting with the player and dealer each receiving 2 cards, with 1 'dealer-up' card. Using skill and luck your aim is to 'hit' to receive one more card (as many times as you wish), or 'stand' if you think you have a combo hot enough to smash the house! Blackjack also features 3 key betting features:
1: Double-down: double you wager level after the initial deal; forces you to hit once and stand for the dealer showdown!
2: Split: split pairs to game against the dealer with x2 chances to win!
3: Insurance: think the dealer is going to hit blackjack (Ace &10) then click insurance and get paid-out for your prediction!
Like video poker, blackjack is a highly entertaining and ambient game; simple enough to be played by casual gamers but powerful enough to be one of the games of choice for professional casino players, but even a novice gamer can employ basic Blackjack Strategy.
Roulette will always be one of my favourite online casino games because it's ultra-playable, very exciting and full of refined glamour. What's more, it's well known as the web's most popular game when it comes to using casual casino systems (scroll down the page to see the roulette systems that I use to make regular profits).
In case you're not sure how to play online roulette I've outlined the basics, below.
- Surf to the roulette screen and make a selection by clicking on the screen (pick a single number, an assortment of numbers or a table section such as red/black, odds/evens or a dozen
- The higher the probability of winning, the smaller the potential reward
- Click + and - to adjust your wager levels; then click spin to get gaming
- Each roulette round lasts one spin
When it comes to slots gaming the web really rocks, with a literally endless choice of classic fruit machines, video slots and jackpot games. While I most certainly do not claim to make obscene profits playing slot games they are amazing value for money and offer tremendous intrinsic entertainment. Essentially, slot games can be viewed just like any other 'paid leisure experience' (such as the cinema, eating out, buying music or video gaming). I personally set myself a monthly slot gaming budget (a sum I'm happy to spend on having fun). Naturally, by gaming with logic and focussing on fun I also get regular payouts and stand a chance of winning thousands or even millions with a lucky spin!
- These are the basic type of games invented by the first slot machine manufacturers. Nothing can beat the simple thrill of spinning the reels on a slot machine, and the web offers the same kitsch themes, fun graphics and feature packed icons, holds, nudges, FREE SPINS and bonus trails that you can find in pubs and arcades. Simply click and spin with stakes from 0.01 to 50.00 plus!
- Video slots offer the next generation of slot games, such as Microgaming's 2008 hit, Tombraider Secret of the Sword. Video slots feature advanced graphics, interactive bonus games and slick story lines. Video slots ignite my video gaming passion whenever I play them. However, despite the apparent complexity and multi-payline action of video slots, they're a breeze to play for gamers of every level.
- Slots constantly offer a chance of striking it lucky whether you spin with pennies or big bucks. However, if you desire lotto-sized payout potential Progressive Jackpot games are your only option! Essentially, progressives are the slot gaming equivalent of the lotto with games such as Major Millions paying out over $4 million in a single spin!
Casino tournaments are all the rage on the web delivering an enhanced level of interaction, excitement and rewards. You'll find an array of table gaming contests such as blackjack at many high-end web casinos, but slot tournaments are my personal favourite.
To play live slot gaming tournaments or table contests simply click on the tournament icon in the gaming lounge. You'll be asked to register an alias username so get creative and make is something cool to frighten the other gamers (I game under the name Hungry Slot Monster!).
The top casinos offer 2 basic options instant play tournaments or 'pre-register' options where you can book in advance. Slot tournaments feature live leader boards, with the aim of using your spins to generate a maximum score in the timed gaming challenge.
Slot comps are played on the latest video slots, such as Tombraider, Avalon and Hitman. One big advantage of playing in casino tournaments is the concept of 'guaranteed payouts' to the winner meaning your aim is to beat other gamers, rather than the casino (removing the usual gaming edge).
No matter what casino games you choose to play at your favourite casino always gamble responsibly to ensure that your gaming remains a fun pastime and does not lead to a troublesome addiction.